HOPEMAN GOLF CLUB HEALTH & SAFETY STATEMENT
The Health and Safety of all employees, members, visitors, contractors and the general public is of paramount importance to Hopeman Golf Club and the Club recognises the legal obligations placed upon it by the Health and Safety Act 1974 and any other statutory legislation as may be applicable.
Hopeman Golf Club Responsibilities
Hopeman Golf Club will ensure, as far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all employees. It will manage its activities in such a way and so far as is reasonably practicable that persons not employed by Hopeman Golf Club are not exposed to risk.
The objectives of Hopeman Golf Club towards fulfilling this policy are to:
- Concentrate on the elimination of risk to persons, then on risk reduction, prevention of injury and loss due to damage.
- Identify the health and safety hazards and manage those hazards by reducing and/or effectively controlling those hazards in accordance with the Hopeman Golf Club policy.
- Work to safety standards, which satisfy our statutory requirements and which reflect good practice.
- Review and develop these standards continuously and when changes in legislation, industry practice or technology occur, revise them accordingly.
Hopeman Golf Club is committed to:
- Consulting with Club employees on health, safety and welfare issues.
- Ensuring that Club employees are trained to understand and carry out their job responsibilities. This will involve, but will not be limited to, selection, training, re-training, supporting and continuous assessment of employee performance.
- Continually monitoring this policy by auditing and reviewing its effectiveness in the workplace.Obligations of all Employees, Members and VisitorsAll employees, members and visitors are obliged to take all reasonable steps to ensure their own safety and that of others whilst using or visiting Hopeman Golf Club. Any accidents or incidents should be reported to a member of staff without delay.
Hopeman Golf Club Health and Safety documentation and records are kept in the Club Office and will be made freely accessible to employees, members, visitors, contractors and the general public.
Signed: D A Harris
D A Harris